Monday, January 30, 2006

Dream #9

Note: This dream happened about a week ago. This is what I remember.

Summary:
There is a gathering in my home back in Four Oaks. I am there and presumably so is the rest of my family. I feel like it's a party of some sort. I was chewing a finger food and my jaw suddenly popped painfully out of alignment, sort of like what happens to it because of braces, but worse. I got a little panicky but using my hands I tried to adjust the diagonally hung jaw and pop it back into place. Finally I found a direction I seemed to be able to push it in and thus did so. That is when the left side of my jaw completely detached from my skull and just hung down. At this point, I freaked out a little. It was as if I had bent a lego too far or a tinker toy or something and it had just popped out of socket. Immediately I started looking for my Dad who I saw walking around. He was in a hurry questioning people at the party. I assumed he was alarmed at my current state and so when he rushed out the front door I followed him hoping for medical help. He ran down the road that goes by the side of my house, past my aunt's house, to the last house before the Four Oaks swimming pool parking lot. This building had a trial down one side that led to a sheltered type building. Dad was still walking in a hurry and I was following close behind.
When we turned the corner into the shed it became apparent that it was a dog kennel or groomer of some sort. There, from a "Cops style" perspective I watched my father walk to the cage where my mother was standing and he surprised her and said something along the lines of "I should have known you'd be here." He was obviously very angry and my mother very distressed that she had been found out. My dad picked up the medium sized white fluffy dog from the cage my mother was in by the collar and slapped it in the face, then threw it back in the cage. Mom, I noticed, was raking rigatoni pasta off the floor of the dog's pen and was crying the whole time as my father left.
I followed my dad quickly back out of the shed, still trying to get his attention for my destroyed jaw. He paid me no attention. Then, in a desparate attempt to get his attention I began squeezing a steady stream of ground beef from my mouth into a pile on the ground. Still no luck, instead he got into a car outside the house and drove into a quiet ocean or sea that was suddenly next to the dog place. It wasn't as if he were killing himself, he looked as if he had someplace to go, but I remember seeing the silhouette of him in his car disappear under the water. My mother then came out and followed him soon after. I was left standing with a detached jaw.

Influences:
No clue on this one. The pasta that my mother was raking off the dog's floor was the same type of noodle we have in Wag all the time. Earlier that week I had commented to my old roommate about how everything we get at Wag has that same type of noodle in it.

Overall Mood:
LISTEN TO ME!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home